06 Aug Kayti Sullivan, Yelp Senior VP – Lead More and Do Less
Kayti Sullivan is a Senior VP at Yelp and runs Yelp’s customer success team. She is in charge of recurring revenue to the company of approximately $1 billion. Join Wendy Hanson as she sits down with Kayti and they discuss how to “lead more and do less.”
What you’ll learn from this episode:
1 – You don’t need to own things to make change. You can lead from any seat on the bus.
2 – Leadership with vision:
- Where are we going? People need a milestone to be working on. Once a quarter I try to set aside time to think about where we’re going. Chatting with stakeholders is included.
- Vision for your team and for each individual. Mantra “Give your people a reputation to live up to.” People want to have a high standard and a vision to live up to. As leaders it’s important to be able to see the best potential in people and draw that out of them.
- Keep the big picture in mind. We are all one small part of an entire system that is working together.
3 – What advice would you give to new managers coming in? The team takes the tone of its leader and always explain the “why.”
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- Come try our coaching programs!
- Complimentary Webinar: Join Wendy Hanson, long time Google Executive Coach on How to Build an Intentional Business Culture!